Friday 20 February 2015

Runstreak Day #446 - space for pace

Today was kinda crazy.  Good crazy.  But crazy.

Of all the things I thought I'd do, I can't say that 'nerdy girl goes to sporty people's meeting and presents on what she's doing with sporty stuff herself' would ever have featured.  In fact, if I think back to the hell that was sport at school, I know for sure that I wouldn't have done something like today.

But, today, I got to present to Nottingham City Council's 'This Girl Can' workshop on what we've been doing with Notts Women Runners.  Isn't that mad?  It was great.  It totally wiped me out, not least because I had to walk to the venue because to be in a car to get there would have made me feel too stressed.  Aaaargh!  Running and being around positive people is such an antidote to the whole PTSD thing.  Anyway, it seemed to go really well.  It was lovely to be able to share with other people our NWR story.  I am so proud of all that we've achieved.  Funny to hear about people with pots of money trying to do what we've done with nothing.  A lot of it comes down to people, doesn't it?

As I said, though, I was exhausted afterwards.  I didn't fancy doing a hilly run, so I met up with a running friend and we did a 4-ish mile flattish plod round the neighbourhood.  Well, it wasn't so much of a plod, we managed a good pace together and it's the first time in a while I've run with someone else at that kinda pace.  Other than a 'stone in shoe' incident', it was great.  Stones in shoes are evil though!

First world runners' problems.  Gotta love 'em!

Crazy old day!

No comments:

Post a Comment