Friday 24 October 2014

Runstreak Day #319 - soggy, squelchy and dark

More soggy running for me today.  Another Wednesday, another SRC run.  This one was wet.  Surprisingly so.  Until I went to put on my trainers, I thought it was okay outside.  Got my trainers... looked out of the window.  Rain.  Lashing down.

Mmmm mmmm... doesn't that just say 'go out and run' to you?!

Fortunately there were other crazy people out for a run this evening.  Including a couple of running friends who I ended up running with.  Chatting and running is a nice thing to do.  And contrasted with the weeping version of me who attempted a walk home from the kids' school earlier today.  The suffocating panic descends when I'm walking.  But not when I'm running.  When I'm running I get to feel normal.

And wet!  Still, my flipbelt held out even though it got soggy.  It doesn't ride up and it sits on my hips without budging which is great.  Plus, because it's fabric, you can easily chuck it on the radiator to dry when you get home.  That's all good!

And that was another day done.  A bit of rain.  A bit of dark.  Some wet feet.  Some nice company.  A bit of time and space.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.22 mi
Time:36:12
Avg Pace:8:35 min/mi
Elevation Gain:122 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment