Tuesday 7 October 2014

Runstreak Day #306 - dithering and dithering...

306 days done... and I'm not pushing myself at all with my running right now.

I'm dithering about whether or not to do the Tissington Trail Half Marathon on Sunday.  I'd like to do it, but it's a tricky one as I can't get myself to drive at the moment... and... it's all so difficult.  My children want me to do it, but other people definitely don't.

Hmmm... difficult.  I hate the thought that I won't do it basically as a result of the accident.  Am still having problems with my back, ribs and ankle too... but having survived the Robin Hood half last weekend, I know that physically I can cope.  And psychologically I already have so much stuff which I'm struggling with that not doing this would feel like it was something else to add to the list of 'stuff that's not going right'.

I'll have another slow plod tomorrow and see if I can think about it some more and wait for the answer to come to me.  Running is always good for that.  And hopefully my physio appointment tomorrow will help with the other aches and pains too.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.17 mi
Time:27:59
Avg Pace:8:49 min/mi
Elevation Gain:135 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment