Tuesday 7 October 2014

Runstreak Day #307 - zig zagging the hills

Am still taking it fairly easy with my running.  My ankle has been pretty painful today and I don't want to aggravate it (weirdly, swimming - which is non-weight bearing - is much harder than running, and I can't do front crawl at all at the moment because I can't kick with my right ankle), but a gentle run is okay.

I've also been feeling pretty anxious generally - we had to go and pick up some possessions from our wrecked car today - and a longish car journey plus a walk to the shops (neither on my own), left me feeling exhausted.  I left going for a run until the evening to try to rest and feel a bit more human... and that seemed to help a bit.  Plus, running is a bit of freedom right now that I just don't feel when I'm walking / being driven anywhere.  I don't feel trapped when I'm running.  I don't get that sense of suffocation.  I don't like to look at the oncoming traffic, but I don't really have to when I'm running, because the concentration required for mindful running is enough to distract me from the fear of the car on the road.

So, I zig zagged up and down the residential streets nearby.  Not very far (and zig zagging allows me to do my minimum distance, but not be too far from home at any point) and definitely not very fast.  But enough to breathe again.

I think I've decided that I would like to run the Tissington Trail Half Marathon on Sunday.  I'm not sure how it's going to happen, but with everything else feeling such hard work at the moment, I resent that being 'taken' from me too.

Wonder if I'll get there??

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.76 mi
Time:24:15
Avg Pace:8:48 min/mi
Elevation Gain:112 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment