Wednesday 1 October 2014

Runstreak Day #296 - the simple things

Am getting very frustrated with my running.  Running when you have pain in your back, ribs, shoulder, ankle etc takes what should be a pretty simple pleasure from it.  Don't get me wrong, the space from giving it a go is absolutely needed at the moment.  However, my tonsils etc are still not better, and finishing my run is to not only resort to more painkillers but to then spend the next half hour wheezing and coughing.

Okay, it's not frustration with my running so much as frustration with the state of my body right now.

Trying to think of the positives from my run.  I stopped to look at the stars.  Does that count?  I guess it does.  I haven't done a post-sunset run for a while, and because of the back pain (saw the osteopath earlier so getting it sorted gradually), I was in 'delaying my run mode' until after it had got dark.  As I ran, I could feel my breath not happening right.  It's pretty shallow because my throat hurts and my chest is tight.  Just shy of three miles I stopped halfway up a hill.  I just needed to get my breathing sorted.  And as I stopped, I looked up.  And saw how beautiful the dark sky was with its blanket of stars.  Sometimes when you're running you get so focused on looking ahead of you or glancing to the side, that you forget that the night sky can be such a velvety treasure.

Seeing the stars on a night-time run.  That's a positive.

My frustration about not feeling great right now pales compared to the fact that I am still getting myself out there and am still able to experience quiet, lovely moments like that.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.21 mi
Time:27:23
Avg Pace:8:33 min/mi
Elevation Gain:142 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment