Wednesday 1 October 2014

Runstreak Day #300 - the number's not that important

Well, I didn't think I'd be at this point a couple of weeks ago... but today marked my 300th day of running every single day.  I only managed 5k, but... on the flip side... I managed 5k and didn't give myself any excuse for not getting out there.  My ankle is strapped up.  My ribs are painful.  My back and shoulders are robbing me of sleep.  But, I am running.  Sometimes that's as good as it gets.

And actually, for the past couple of weeks, keeping on clocking up days in my runstreak really hasn't been important.  Instead, what's been important has been using running for an escape, for headspace, running to feel something other than what's been going on since the accident, running to feel a little bit like me when I don't feel like me at all at the moment.

Which is why the thing I did today to mark my 300th run was to sign up for the Leadership in Running Fitness course for the end of next month.

You know what?  Running might be hard work sometimes.  Sometimes it feels impossible.  Sometimes you don't really feel like it.  Sometimes it's dark, it's cold, it's wet, it's the end of a long day and you can't seem to force yourself out.  But if you do get those trainers on.  And you do get yourself out there... then running really is a gift to treasure.  I'm really looking forward to being able to support others in giving themselves the gift of running.

And thank to all those who've supported me to help keep me running too.  You have been amazing too. x

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.10 mi
Time:26:58
Avg Pace:8:41 min/mi
Elevation Gain:182 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment