Monday 20 October 2014

Runstreak Day #313 - flipbelt and physio

Yup... it's definitely that time of the year.  There is no denying it.  The capris are back out and the shorts are packed away. Although if I run tomorrow during the daytime, the shorts will probably reappear.  I'm fickle like that!

I'm also using my new flipbelt which is great (had advice from a running friend about the sizing as I just didn't get it - anyway, if you're interested, as a size 8, XS is fine and sits either on my hips or waist with no problem).  It's good to be able to carry my phone with me 'just in case' and to not have it bouncing around is great too.

And tonight's run?  Well, it was nothing special. A 3.5 mile trot around the block.  Concentrating on my form because if I don't then my back / ribs / ankle protest loudly.  Plus, I'm still taking it easy after the weekend's HM.  Tackled a naughty little steep hill at the end of my run, just because I fancied it.  I think I was a little bit spurred on by someone at yesterday's running group saying that they'd been admiring my form as I ran up another steep hill yesterday evening.  What feels like a shuffle obviously looks mildly less shuffle-like from behind!  So, I did my hill shuffle again today, just because!  You don't need more reason really, do you!

More physio tomorrow.  Come on body... sort it out.  I'm bored of feeling crappy now!!

And now, I fancy a cup of tea.  Mmmm... tea...

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.39 mi
Time:28:12
Avg Pace:8:20 min/mi
Elevation Gain:151 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment