Tuesday 7 October 2014

Runstreak Day #305 - group running

... yup, hard work again.

Isn't this getting boring?  Managed just over 4 miles with Sweatshop this evening.  Mainly ran on my own... and really felt the pace drifting away from me again.  I am exhausted at the moment.  I can manage just over 2 miles and then it's as if the brakes go on and the batteries drain.

Ho hum.

There wasn't really anything notable about my run either.  It's now October... in two months time I'll have been running every day for a year.  I guess that's the way with running every day.  Some runs just slip by without there being any feature of note other than the quiet satisfaction of having got out there.  Some runs are memorable.  The Ramathon was brilliant.  I've done parkruns where I've buzzed with happiness afterwards.  There have been runs with friends which was pure fun.  But there have been lots which have been hard work or just not that special.  You accept those though.  There is always something to be gained from any run.

At the moment, it's allowing me to feel just a tiny bit of control in my life.  For almost 4.5 miles this evening, I made a decision to run, saw it through, sucked up the fact that it's still painful and didn't give in to the post traumatic stress which is making everything so difficult right now.

Hard work.  It doesn't all have to be fun to be worth doing though.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.36 mi
Time:36:28
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi
Elevation Gain:148 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment