Monday 20 October 2014

Runstreak Day #315 - hills and hobbling

Today I have mostly run hills.  A lot of them.  Long hills.  Slow inclines.  Short sharp nasty hills.  Hills that are difficult to run down because they're so steep.  Hills that make you swear to run up them because they're also so steep.  Straight ones.  Bendy ones.  Ones covered in leaves.  Ones blocked by pedestrians.  Hills.  Lots of them.

I had the company of a running friend which made all of that hilly hilliness much more tolerable.  It's amazing what a bit of company will do when you're faced with a stupidly steep hill.  There's camaraderie in the crazy, I guess.

And now for the ranty bit.  Periodically I had to stop to stretch my ankle which is still sore and doesn't like me doing hills.  I have the weirdest restriction in its movement which means I can't flex my foot to point my toes... and it makes running uphill difficult and painful.  It is VERY wearing to have non-running injuries which impact your running.  Somehow if it was a running injury I feel like I could get my head around what to do about it.  But this is just annoying and although the physio is helping, it is just... well... frustrating.  Rant done.

Overall, the run was good.  The company was great.  We did just over 6.5 miles of hills and spent most of our time chatting.  Even with all that silly uppy downy nonsense in between.

50 days left until a full year is done.  Blimey!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:6.63 mi
Time:59:20
Avg Pace:8:57 min/mi
Elevation Gain:501 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment