Saturday 20 September 2014

Runstreak Day #290 - whatever keeps you going

Another rough day.

Bruising going crazy colours.  Still feel like it's more a shuffle than a run.  Still painful and have absolutely no power to my running at all.  But for a while when I'm running I don't have to think about anything other than running.  I don't have to talk to anyone about what happened.  I don't have to think about the mess we have to deal with.  I can breathe and concentrate on something physical.

It is still such hard work.  I find myself chanting things to myself to keep going.  Stupid stuff like 'you can do it, you can do it' over and over.  I want to run the Robin Hood half marathon a week on Sunday.  I went from wanting to complete it when I originally signed up, to wanting a time which was sub-2 hours.  But now I'm back to wanting just to complete it.  And if I have to chant my way around the whole 13.1 miles, then that's what I'm going to do.

I won't let this take my running too.  I am struggling to process what's happened.  I drove for the first time today and couldn't manage more than 15 mph.  I can't talk to anyone about the accident without the tears coming.  But I can run.  It's slow and it's painful.  But it's my bit of almost normal.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.15 mi
Time:29:40
Avg Pace:9:24 min/mi
Elevation Gain:106 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment