Friday 12 September 2014

Runstreak Day #286 - running with kids can be magic!

Day 286 and tonight's run was flippin' brilliant!  It wasn't long.  It wasn't fast.  It wasn't hard.  But it was ace.

Why?

Because I ran it with my daughter and she was fab.  Other than one adjusting trainers / socks moment, she ran almost 2.5 miles hand-in-hand with me without stopping... but more importantly... without moaning, crying, grumbling or saying that she couldn't do it.  In fact, she chatted and chatted the whole way and was really great company.

I was SO proud of her!  We got to 2 miles before she needed to adjust her trainers and when we stopped I said to her 'did you know you've just run 2 miles?'... she thought we'd only run half a mile!  And she said she didn't even have tired legs... and then proceeded to run the last half mile loads faster!

She was all glowing and happy when we finished too.  I think that doing parkrun a couple of weeks ago has done wonders for her confidence.  Plus, we took it nice and steady the whole time and she was telling me ALL about a book she's reading and distracted herself from the act of actually running.

I just LOVE runs like today's!  If nothing else in the past few months of runstreaking, it's the fact that my children are getting into running which makes me happiest.  And that they are enjoying it is the cherry on top of the happy cake!  Love that I get to run with the people I love most in the whole world!!

Oooooh... and two weeks today will be my 300th day in a row!  Wonder what I can do to mark it?!

Need tea while I think!  :o))

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.37 mi
Time:24:17
Avg Pace:10:14 min/mi
Elevation Gain:15 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment