Sunday 7 September 2014

Runstreak Day #281 - I am that annoying runner...

... who is stupidly chirpy when they're running.

Plus, it's kinda weird when your face aches more from smiling than your legs do from running, isn't it?

That's what happened today because I just really REALLY enjoyed my run.  I think I drive other people a bit mad sometimes when I'm running.  I think that after 20 months of running the novelty of actually being able to run hasn't worn off and I am so amazed and happy that I'm running a fair distance that I can't shake the smiling.  I say hello to just about everyone I pass (unless they're studiously not making eye contact!).  I talk to doggies as I run past and have been known to say 'morning' to the ducks that I pass on the canal.

And when I'm running at a slower pace than normal (as I was running with someone else), I got to completely relax while I was running and enjoyed just about everything about my run.  The weather was sparkly and lovely.  It was nice to chat as I ran.  I felt light and strong the whole time.  And when I finished at almost 11 miles, I felt like I had plenty more left in my legs.

When I was starting running I never thought there would be a time when running would ever feel like today.  It was always so hard.  Always such a struggle.  Aching legs.  Chest burning.  Hard flipping work.  I love that I get to smile when I run these days.  It's a brilliant feeling.

Even if it is annoying to everyone else!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:10.70 mi
Time:1:45:38
Avg Pace:9:52 min/mi
Elevation Gain:68 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment