Thursday 11 September 2014

Runstreak Day #285 - overheating at lunchtime

Another day, another 'runch'.  And another time exploring a new route - which is always good.  Especially when I manage not to get lost - hooray!

Is it very sad if I really like planning new routes?  You start simple with an area.  A nice clean loop.  Then, next time you can add in a few wibbly bits.  And once you get familiar, you can extend or vary as you fancy.  It's ace!  I always do like to plan it the first few times though.  Just makes me feel a bit more like I know where I'm going.  I hate that panicky feeling of feeling ever so slightly lost and not knowing how far I've got to go.  It's probably because there's a part of me which still doubts whether or not I can just run and whether I can last the whole run if it's longer than I think it might be.  Which is daft!

Anyway... today's run was nice.  Ended up running along the river and stopping every so often just to feel the cool breeze, watch the water and enjoy the light coming through the leaves of the trees, which are just starting to change colour.  It was really nice.  Survived the hill at the end.  Got back to work.  Used the secret shower.

And then spent the next hour gradually moving through various facial shades of puce, crimson, angry red, mottled red, embarrassed pink and finally, normal.  And it takes a good half hour to stop being a sweaty monster after a lunchtime run.  Still, it definitely wakes me up and makes me feel human again.  Even if running in the middle of the day when it's quite warm isn't that sensible!

Runchtime is ace!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.81 mi
Time:31:54
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi
Elevation Gain:158 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment