Monday 8 September 2014

Runstreak Day #282 - runchtime and cul-de-sacs!

Day 282 and I have a whole evening stretching in front of me and I don't need to go for a run!

Because today I did 'runch' instead, squeezing my run into my lunch break and then wearing my smug pants for the rest of the afternoon.  And my beetroot face.  My very very beetroot face.  Because the downside of it being unexpectedly warm today was that I was running in the warmest part of the day and only survived not melting completely by finding a nice patch of air con to cool myself down a bit!

I also tried a new route today although probably should have spent more than two minutes going 'that's about 5k' and not looking at any road names, turns etc.  Why?  Because if you don't look at your route carefully enough, you'll end up in Stepford Wives-ville where all the houses look the same and all the cul-de-sacs lurk in sinister silence ready for you to come plodding down them, trapping you mercilessly while pensioners look on with that knowing look on their faces!  And you'll end up adding on an extra half a mile or so when your legs are still a teensy bit tired from the 11 miles you did the day before and you're on a 500 calorie fasting day, so all energy is kinda precious!

On the upside, I did use the secret shower at work (hooray!), so was all fresh and sparkly (and red faced!) after my run.  And I definitely know that lunchtime runs are going to be achievable for the long dark winter months and I get to avoid quite so many horrible evening runs where I'm just too tired to bother.  Especially the Friday 'avoiding the pub hecklers' runs which have never been a personal fav of mine!

Now if that's not worth a happy dance, I don't know what is!

*happy dances*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.55 mi
Time:29:27
Avg Pace:8:18 min/mi
Elevation Gain:135 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment