Wednesday 10 September 2014

Runstreak Day #284 - more hilly hills

Another Wednesday, another Sweatshop Running Community run.  It's always a bit of a rush to get sorted to get there on time, but I have definitely started enjoying myself going on those runs.

What a turnaround from the whole too scared to run with other people version of me earlier this year!  The plus side of running with other people?

1.  You get to chat about nerdy running stuff before you head off
2.  You get to chat about nerdy running stuff when you get back
3.  There's the chatting about nerdy running stuff
4.  Did I mention the nerdy running stuff?

Okay... so mainly, you get to talk about nerdy running stuff without anyone rolling their eyes in boredom at you!  Plus, if - as with tonight - you have a silly big hill to run up, then when you've all run down it like big kids and are all sweaty and revolting at the bottom... you get to blather about it in a slightly over-excited, puffy panty way... which you never get to do when you run on your own!

Anyway, my legs hate me just a little bit for making them run up another hill for the second night running.  Tomorrow's run needs to be a lot flatter and slower for them to forgive me!

284 days done.  Crikey!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.07 mi
Time:33:27
Avg Pace:8:13 min/mi
Elevation Gain:246 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment