Wednesday 26 February 2014

Runstreak Day #88

He asks 'why do you run?'

He asks again, 'why do you run every day?'

And I reply, 'Because it makes me happy'.

But it's more than that.

I run because I can.
I run because it makes me feel strong.
Because it makes me fitter.
Because it gives me head space.
Because the rhythm of my feet on the pavement and the rhythm of my breathing is moving meditation.
Because it's totally absorbing.
Because even when it's hard it's all on me and there is nothing else.
Because I get to celebrate a tiny triumph in just a few footsteps when I conquer a hill.
Because it's a challenge.
Because it makes me feel aware.
Because I get to feel like a child again as I run down the other side.
Because I feel alive.
Because I feel free.
Because I feel powerful.
Because of the quiet satisfaction of having run.
Because it makes the stressful stuff not matter.
Because it shuts off the noise of a life which is full to bursting.
Because I get to believe in myself just a little more every day.

I run because.  Just because.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.62 mi
Time:23:02
Avg Pace:8:47 min/mi

Time:23:02
Moving Time:23:02
Elapsed Time:23:02
Avg Pace:8:47 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:47 min/mi
Best Pace:6:52 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment