Tuesday 25 February 2014

Runstreak Day #87

This was very nearly the run that wasn't.  I was not in the mood for it at all.  I procrastinated like a good 'un.  Managed to sit through my Garmin going into powersave mode several times after it had got a signal... and still I couldn't force myself to get out there.

My excuse is that I'm not feeling that well and running when you're feeling grot isn't that fun.  However, I also know that once I get out there and get going, I generally feel a lot better.  Today that was the case.  Or at least, it took my mind off it anyway which is almost the same thing.  There's something about the rhythm of running that distracts you from other things brilliantly.  Including the guys who beeped at me from their car as I ran up the big hill and yelled whatever it was they yelled in my direction.  Part of me is curious about what they said.  The other part was listening to music and concentrating on getting my legs up a mile of hill - which I bet you they couldn't have run up!

As I ran down the other side and into a dip before heading back up again, the time flew past.  Though I never actually find running easy, it was what I needed... and there is something brilliant about unleashing the little kid in you as you blast down a hill!  WHOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!

Another day done... Day 88 tomorrow... crikey!

PS  Does it count as 'hill training' when I just have to run up and down hills because where I live is hilly?
PPS  I think it sounds more grown up if I say that's what I did...
PPPS  Day 87 - Hill training  *puts on serious face*  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.10 mi
Time:27:27
Avg Pace:8:50 min/mi

Time:27:27
Moving Time:27:27
Elapsed Time:27:27
Avg Pace:8:50 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:51 min/mi
Best Pace:6:48 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment