Tuesday 18 February 2014

Around Nottingham in 80 runs...

80 days in a row of running every single day.  Cooer!  Tell you what, as I was running this evening every so often I'd catch myself going '80 days... flippin' heck'.

Not least because this time last year I was a few weeks into Couch to 5k and the thought of running 5k without stopping seemed almost impossible.  The thought of running a mile in less than 14 minutes also seemed remote.   And today I did both and not only did it, but enjoyed it.

I ran up a big ol' hill... and down it... and up another... and down... and up... and so on.  I didn't feel in the slightest bit trapped by the hills.

Good things:
Ran up and down hills without being bothered by them in the slightest
LOVE not feeling trapped by the landscape round here
Got my smiley face on every time I thought about having made it to 80
No rain
No wind  (finally!)
Not even that cold  (thank goodness!)
Ran a new route
Someone I met at the running group thing last week FB-ed me and asked me if I'd like to go for a run with her - yay!
Someone at work (who saw a presentation I did last week - but I don't know them) described me to a colleague as being 'that sporty one - the one that looks like a runner'  :D

Bad things:
None!

Days like this I love running.  It totally makes me feel empowered.  It doesn't matter if I'm fast or not.  I'm out there, giving it a go... and letting my nearly-40 year old body show me what it's made of.  And it turns out it's not made (only!) of wrinkles and post-baby squidge.  Hooray!

The rhythm of running is strangely infectious.

80 days in a row.  Yeah.  That's alright, that is.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.15 mi
Time:28:07
Avg Pace:8:56 min/mi

Time:28:07
Moving Time:28:08
Elapsed Time:28:07
Avg Pace:8:56 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:56 min/mi
Best Pace:7:11 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment