Sunday 16 February 2014

Patchwork run...

Running with kids is not easy.  Running while your kids are on their bikes is even less easy.  Especially when they want to detour to the local park and you end up standing around getting cold.  And then your Garmin decides to eat your run and you're left with a fragment of a record and a sense of frustration as one of your children then reappears with their shoes off (in February) and covered in mud.  You just know at that point that it's all going to go terribly well.

Having got going again it turned into another stop-start affair.  Now, I'm not a quick runner, so even a small child on a tricycle could go past me.  But apparently not my daughter.  She has discovered a gear so slow that snails laugh as they zoom past her.  Anyway, by the time we were about half way around, everyone had discovered how to run / ride without slowing to a crawl or stopping and riding along the paths near the railway line and the woods all together was kinda nice.

I'm still amazed that I can run at all.  I'm amazed that I ran just about 10k (the Garmin chewed up the missing teensy bit of my run!) and am feeling fine.

My 78th run in a row.  And yup, still feeling fine after that as well!

Geeky stats stuff:

Part 1:
Distance:1.51 mi
Time:13:16
Avg Pace:8:47 min/mi
Time:13:16
Moving Time:13:16
Elapsed Time:16:25
Avg Pace:8:47 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:47 min/mi
Best Pace:6:29 min/mi

Part 2:
Distance:4.45 mi
Time:42:51
Avg Pace:9:38 min/mi
Time:42:51
Moving Time:42:51
Elapsed Time:53:35
Avg Pace:9:38 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:38 min/mi
Best Pace:7:08 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment