Thursday 20 February 2014

Running against the clock...

... that's how it felt today!  I needed to squeeze in a run before my husband went out and I returned to kiddie mode... so it was more pace than pleasure. Okay, so not really that fast by most people's standards, but fast enough for me.

How fast does it have to be to be a 'run' anyway?  I never really understand the difference between running and jogging, to be honest.  So, my definitions:

Run = you can't catch me
Jog = if you run, you'll catch up!

All the real runners would definitely do the first bit though... so... there's a flaw in my definitions... back to the drawing board I go!  Ho hum...

Anyway, for me, running isn't about feeling pressured or racing against the clock.  I don't enjoy it when I feel like the time is ticking away and I have to be back for something.  It's hard enough to run without adding in that on top of it all!

So, I ran.  I ran for me.  I ran for the 82nd day in a row.  And I got myself just a teeny bit of space in a life that's crammed full of other stuff.  Even with an added bit of pressure, it was still *my* time.  And that's all good.  :o)

And tomorrow, I'm being very very brave and meeting up for a run with someone I met at the running group I went to last week.  Am completely nervous but excited too!  Remind me I said this tomorrow when I'm trying to come up with pathetic reasons why I can't go running with her!!  I *will* get over my fear of running with other people.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.49 mi
Time:21:08
Avg Pace:8:30 min/mi

Time:21:08
Moving Time:21:08
Elapsed Time:21:21
Avg Pace:8:30 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:30 min/mi
Best Pace:7:02 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment