Friday 14 October 2016

Runstreak Day 14 - rules for rubbish days

Today's run was all a bit octopus on a treadmill wearing rollerskates.  I just couldn't seem to get any flow to my running at all and I'm not even sure if my legs were receiving any of the signals my brain was trying to get through.  And then there was the breathing.  I was a sad gasping mess as I ran.  Huffing and puffing, the works.

I kept it short, chucked in a couple of hills and got myself round.  And now it's done I'm glad I did it.  Which is kinda handy really!  At least having done a fair old run streak before I know that days like this do just happen and you can't worry about them.  Not every run will feel easy.  Not every run comes over all Chariots of Fire in its epicness.  In fact, quite a lot of runs are just plain cack!  There are three rules for dealing with a crap run day:
1) Cut it short if you need to
2) Don't treat it as though that's how you normally run
3) Forget about it and move on.

I am now commencing rule number 3 while I drink a cuppa.  And... relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment